Europe is a fantastic location for studying abroad because it is so convenient to visit other places and experience new cultures. There are plenty of places you can fly or take a train or bus to in only a weekend. Many students in my program have decided to do just that, every weekend. With out a doubt I could find more than enough places I'd like to see while I am here, but I've come to the realization after my trip-packed March, that I want to spend the rest of the time I have in Europe in Torino. (This is not including a long weekend trip to Sardegna with my cousin that I am over the moon about, and the trips I will take with my parents when they visit me at the end of this program.)
Here is why:
1) I am hopefully going to travel to Europe again. I will not, however, "live" again in Torino.
2) There is so much to do here that I haven't done yet!
3) Spring is coming and it is going to be amazing here!
4) There is a lot of school work coming up.
5) My favorite kebab shop is here.
So, for my first after March free weekend I caught up on sleep, walked up to Monte dei Cappucini, shopped, read, and enjoyed time with my roommates. I am looking forward to this coming weekend. There weather should be beautiful and I am planning to visit the Royal Gardens and hike up to Superga.
|Overlooking the Po river|